Thursday, October 6, 2016

Armchair Traveler - Atlas Obscura: An Explorer's Guide to the World's Hidden Wonders

I am definitely more of a get out and go type traveler. (to the chagrin of my family!)  On vacation, and in my daily life, I am in constant motion. I want to see everything, taste the local food and take all of the pictures (we are especially fond of tourist traps and odd locations)...to the point that I need a vacation to recover from my vacation.  However, there are some limitations to my explorations: Money and time.  That's why I love Atlas Obscura.  Not only have I gotten new travel locales for future trips, but i have learned about hidden, unique places that are in far flung places that maybe hard for me to visit.  Which is why I was so excited to see that they have compiled a book with amazing, crazy, strange places and activities from around the world.  Broken into regions, the book reads like an encyclopedia of wonders and curiosities that makes you want to go and explore the world.  So sit back, open the book and explore!



No comments:

Post a Comment